Thursday, July 3, 2008

Happy 4th of July!!!


Its a busy week here at Wine Country Broadcasting and this is the first time I've had a chance to post anything all week long. And, unfortunately, I'm going to have to make it a short one. But there are a few things I wanted to go ahead an write about before they become old news.
First of all, and most importantly, I wanted to get my prediction in for the birth of the Bragelina twins. While I realize that Angelina's doctor has told the world that she checked into the hospital for a few weeks of rest and probably won't deliver for at
least two weeks, I'm calling bullsh*t on that and predicting that those twins will be born sometime during the long weekend (though probably not on the 4th because that would be a bit too patriotic for the worldly Jolie-Pitt clan). What evidence do I have to back me up on this? Aside from the fact that the woman checked herself into the hospital, I also remember them pulling the same tactics when Shiloh was born in 2006. Remember that? Angelina gave a fake due date and waited until the majority of the media was on vacation for Memorial Day, then went ahead and had her C-section. That way, everyone came back to work on Tuesday and Shiloh was already three days old and her baby pictures were sold to People magazine for trillions of dollars. So there you have it, the Brangelina twins will be born before everyone gets back to work on Monday, mark my words. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong, but I'm feeling pretty strongly on this one. I'll keep you posted on any twin developments next week.

Moving on to things that have actually happened. Well, they've happened according to the media. I know its not good to speculate about the state of celebrity marriages and I rarely listen to the "this person is filing for divorce, no they've reconciled, no wait, now they're separated" gossip that is always in the tabloids, but this whole Madonna/Guy Ritchie/Alex Rodriguez thing has just been too funny. A day after Maddy's publicist finally went ahead and denied everything while Maddy and Guy had a very public dinner date, work comes that A-Rod's wife has run off with Lenny Kravitz of all people! Here's the story:
In the wake of reports that he's in a relationship with Madonna, several media outlets reported that his wife has left him for Lenny Kravitz. In response to reports that Cynthia Rodriguez, 34, ran off to Paris with him, Kravitz issued a statement first posted on perezhilton.com Thursday: "There is absolutely no affair between Cynthia Rodriguez and myself. This is unequivocally 100 percent not true." Kravitz, who is currently on tour in Europe, said that Cynthia is there with him as a friend. "Cynthia is a friend and is here with the godfather of her baby, who is also Alex's trainer, his wife and their baby girl," Kravitz said in the statement. "She came here to escape from everything happening in New York City. I opened my home to her as a friend and I find it extremely hurtful that I am now being referred to as an adulterer." (Source People Online)
I'm not sure why I find all of this so amusing, I mean, we're talking about a marriage here. But I do. Maybe because its all speculation to begin with. There are only a few people who really know the truth of what's going on in this situation. But where there is smoke, often times there is also fire. We'll find out soon enough what's really going on. In the meantime, don't be surprised if you hear stories of A-Rod having an affair with Will Smith and being seen with Elizabeth Taylor in a compromising position.

And finally, a little 4th of July cheer for you all, courtesy of The Muppets and the Best Week Ever blog (which I totally love!). Your welcome!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDA9NbP

Sorry, I haven't quite figured out that whole embedding video thing. Anyway, I need to get back to doing my thing here at the station. Its going to be a busy weekend for me. I'll be broadcasting live from downtown Napa tomorrow from 1-3 pm at the July 4th Festival and then on Saturday I'll be broadcasting live from 5-6pm at the Robert Mondavi Winery in Rutherford to kick off the first of the summer festival concerts. This week The Preservation Hall Jazz Band are going to be performing. They're lots of fun to watch and there's going to be fireworks and everything! In between all of that fun I will probably be playing with the other distraction in my life, our new kitten Halo.










She's eight weeks old and freaking adorable.

So that's what I've got planned.
Have a good Fourth everyone!
Later!

No comments: