Thursday, May 15, 2008

TV might not suck next year pt. 3

All right campers, the final of the five major networks (though I still don't think The CW should count, but whatever) has announced their fall (and spring for that matter) schedule. Fox feels pretty confident about what they've got, and I would too if I had American Idol dominating the ratings at the moment (the ratings might be lower this year, but they're still kicking everyone else's butt, so who can complain?). So before I get into too much more editorializing, here's what you can look forward too next fall on the channel that brings you Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? and 24 (oh the irony!).

Fall 2008

Sunday: The OT (football postgame show), The Simpsons, King of the Hill, Family Guy, American Dad

Monday: Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Prison Break

Tuesday: House, Fringe

Wednesday: Bones, 'Til Death, Do Not Disturb

Thursday: The Moment of Truth, Kitchen Nightmares

Friday: Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?, Don't Forget the Lyrics

Saturday: Cops, America's Most Wanted

Spring 2009

Sunday: Various reruns, The Simpsons, King of the Hill/Sit Down, Shut Up, Family Guy, American Dad/The Cleveland Show

Monday: Dollhouse, 24

Tuesday: American Idol, Fringe

Wednesday: Bones, American Idol (30 minutes), TBA comedy

Thursday: Hell's Kitchen, Secret Millionaire

Friday: Bones, 'Til Death, Do Not Disturb

Saturday: Cops, America's Most Wanted

(source E Online)


Its all pretty much along the lines of where Fox has been heading the past few years and will probably continue to head until American Idol finally shrieks its last note. There are a few things that I'm excited about. For one, I super glad they didn't mess with the whole Sunday night animation block except to add the Family Guy spin off The Cleaveland Show and Shut Up/Sit Down which is another animated show about high schoolers from the people who created Arrested Development (R.I.P. Bluth family, you are missed). So the one major night that I actually watch anything on Fox is still intact and possibly even better. The other show that I'm very excited about is Dollhouse, which is from Joss Whedon (who created Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Firefly and a bunch of other awesome shows) and stars Eliza Dushku. The premise that I've read sounds totally down my ally and I loved Buffy, so I may have to check this one out. Though it will all depend on how much TV I can convince my husband to watch. He's very discerning when it comes to television. You can read more about the old and new shows here as well as the ones who didn't make it (I guess lightning didn't strike three times for Kelsey Grammer).


So that's it! All five networks have announced their fall schedules, for better or worse. While there's still plenty of time for these schedules to change, I'm sure that they will more
or less stay the same. Now I can go back to obsessing about why the hell Britney Spears and Mel Gibson are going on vacation together and trying to stay cool in this wretched heat. I'm going to see Iron Man tonight just so I don't have to hang out in my stifling house. That and I wanted to see the movie anyway. I'm not sure if I'll have time to blog tomorrow, though I'll do my best. Friday's are always a bit crazy here in radio land.
Later!

No comments: