Friday, May 30, 2008

Babies, babies and more babies

Well, another Friday is upon us and the weekend is beckoning this redhead with a little wink and a smile, but there's gossip to be had before I can give in to its allure. Summer is here (though not officially until June 21), which can only mean one thing; celebrities must spawn. There's been an overabundance of rumors and confirmations of people getting preggers, not getting preggers and popping out those little wealthy heirs. Lets kick it off with the big one:

Angelina Jolie has not, I repeat, not given birth to the twins she's only recently confirmed to be carrying. There was lots of buzz this morning once Entertainment Tonight insisted that she had the twins last weekend in France. But there have since been about a million reports denying that very thing:

Despite rampant reports to the contrary, the Jolie-Pitt offspring count is at four, and holding.
A source close to the couple in France tells E! News that the most-watched baby bump in the world has yet to pop, denying exploding reports that Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt have finally welcomed twins. Likewise, Jolie's rep tells People, "Angelina has not given birth. She is fine, enjoying her home and her family in France." The stork non-delivery puts the kibosh on voraciously circulating and rather detailed reports, led by Entertainment Tonight, that girls Isla Marcheline and Amelie Jane arrived via C-section at a Catholic clinic in Aix-en-Provence, France, earlier this week. (source EOnline)

I kind of had a feeling that these reports were untrue, merely because the source were pretty sketchy and had a distinct lack of details. When Shiloh was born a couple years ago (in freaking Namibia of all places!) the media knew about it within 24 hours. I highly doubt that Brangelina would let five days go by before releasing this info that happened in France. Plus, you know that People and all of the other media outlets have people in every hospital withing a 100 mile radius just waiting for the Jolie-Pitts to check in. I'm guessing we won't hear about Angelina giving birth until Fourth of July weekend (the press kind of takes holidays too), even though she looks like she's ready to burst any day now. She said at Cannes that her due date wasn't until August, but she's fooled us before.
Remember her whole denial of her relationship with Brad?

Speaking of being fooled, I guess I was the only person in the world who actually believed Pete Wentz when he denied getting Ashlee Simpson knocked up a few weeks ago. I honestly thought the fact that he out right denied it meant that he was telling the truth, but I guess I was being a bit naive, because the newlyweds confirmed Ashlee's condition yesterday:

In a statement on their favorite news-spreading site, FriendsOrEnemies.com, Ashlee and Pete Wentz have confirmed that they are indeed expecting their first child together. "While many have speculated about this, we wanted to wait until after the first trimester to officially confirm that we are expecting our first child," the newlyweds wrote. "This is truly the most joyous time in our lives and we are excited to share the happy news and start our family." (source E Online)

From now on I will always believe the hype when it comes to starlets getting pregnant. I was wrong about Ashlee and I was wrong about Nicole Richie too. So from now on, anytime I hear rumors about a starlet getting pregnant out of wedlock by a guy that wears eyeliner and is in an emo band, I'm just going to have to believe it! I'm looking at you Paris! You better watch your eggs carefully, those emo guys are pretty fertile.

Ok, now that I've totally ruined any small crush you might have had on a guyliner loving musician, lets move on to an all American (Idol) boy. Reports surfaced yesterday that Clay Aiken will also be shopping for diapers in the near future:

Clay Aiken is going to be a father, PEOPLE has confirmed. "The story is true," a rep for producer David Foster, the pregnant woman's brother, told PEOPLE Wednesday, of the TMZ.com report that Aiken, 29, impregnated David's sister, music producer Jaymes Foster. "It is true Clay is the father. She was artificially inseminated by Clay. She's due in August." (source People online)

While Clay's reps haven't confirmed or denied these reports, I've learned from my mistakes and choose to believe this report. It makes me a little nauseous, but I'm still going to believe it. The report goes on to say that while Clay and his baby mama aren't together romantically, Clay will still have a large role in his sperm, I mean child's life. Sorry, but Clay creeps me out a little. As I've stated before, I'm not an American Idol fan, so all I know of him is the lame music he's been releasing since then. I'm probably judging a bit harshly, but that's my opinion.

And finally, to finish up this all-babies, all-the-time edition of ROARR, we've got another birth, this one confirmed. The youngest of the Hanson bothers, Zac, and his wife have had a baby:

Zac Hanson and his wife Kate welcomed a son, John Ira Shepherd Hanson, on Tuesday in Tulsa, the musician tells PEOPLE exclusively. The baby boy, who will go by the name Shepherd, weighed in at 8 lbs, 4 oz. "I am so overjoyed," the proud papa, 22, tells PEOPLE. "There is not an audience or concert that could ever stand up to the feeling of meeting your baby for the first time." (source People Online)

I haven't really paid attention to Hanson since the "Mmmbop" days, but every once in a while you hear about one of them having another baby. I think the oldest one has at least three, but like I said, I haven't really been paying attention. But congrats to the happy parents!

Well all of this baby news is making me realize that its going to be a few years before I'm ready for a little one. I can't even decide if I want to get a cat, let alone a baby. I'm going to go make sure my birth control prescription is up to date.

Happy Friday!

Later.

No comments: