Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Everyone Relax! Its totally not true.

Earlier today, The National Enquirer release a story alledging that Jamie Lynn Spears, who gave birth to daughter Maddie only three months ago, is up the spout again. Here's the Enquirer story:
Whoops – she did it again! Teen Prego Queen Jamie Lynn Spears has another bun in the oven, The NATIONAL ENQUIRER is reporting exclusively – and her pals are begging her to abort. In a blockbuster world exclusive, The ENQUIRER has learned that the 17-year-old Zoey 101 starlet is now expecting for the second time – a mere three months after giving birth on June 19 to baby Maddie Briann. Jamie’s desperate to keep the shock­ing news secret and some people close to her are urging Jamie Lynn to consider ending the pregnancy, sources say. “Jamie Lynn is about eight weeks pregnant, and she and her mom Lynne are hysterical,” revealed a close source. “Neither of them knows what to do, but for now they’re trying to keep the news from getting out.” Too late. The unplanned pregnancy came as a shock to Jamie Lynn, who’d been breast-feeding her infant daughter Maddie Briann, insiders say. “Jamie Lynn believed she couldn’t get pregnant while she was breast-feeding,” said the close source. “She’d expected to have her period by early September.” A home pregnancy test came back positive and Jamie Lynn cried her eyes out, said the source. Her mother Lynne was livid when she found out, divulged an insider. Meanwhile, insiders say that those close to Jamie Lynn are urging her to abort! “They’ve reminded Jamie Lynn how much trouble she had adjusting to motherhood with Maddie, and pointed out that having a second baby now would only be a recipe for disaster,” said the close source. (source)
Thankfully, this news is apparently untrue. Shocking I know! I always believe what The Enquirer says, don't you? Anyway, here's what the Spears camp had to say:

In response to a story in today's National Enquirer claiming Britney's sister is again with child, a rep for the 17-year-old confirmed to OK! magazine that "she is not pregnant." What's more, a source who lives in Jamie Lynn's native Kentwood, La., tells E! News: "I talk to [her mom] Lynne all the time. Believe me, she would have mentioned if that little girl is expecting again. That's just a bunch of made-up crap." (Source)

I must say, I'm a bit relieved. It was bad enough when Jamie Lynne announced her first pregnancy at the age of 16, I don't think I could have handled the media storm that would inevitably happen if she got knocked up again less than a year later. Oh yeah, and I'm also glad for Jamie Lynne and whoever that guy she's doing. Apparently, they're super happy and in love. If you believe OK! Magazine, that is. And I obviously do, because I have no free will. But at least I know how to use a freaking condom!

On to other Spears news, the suddenly reformed, now "good egg", Britney is still dealing with the fallout from her year long ride on the crazy train. And I'm pretty sure her lawyer is just in it for the billable hours. Here's the latest:

The attorney in Britney Spears' forever-pending driving-without-a-license case has rejected a final deal from prosecutors. The seemingly no-brainer offer would have had Spears pay a measly $150 and spend a year on probation in exchange for copping to the misdemeanor charge and avoiding an embarrassing trial in the case. But the "Womanizer" singer's attorney, J. Michael Flanagan, is sticking to his guns that the 26-year-old comeback queen, who long ago corrected the violation and obtained a valid California driver's license, should face nothing more than a $10 fine for her misdeed. "We don't want a misdemeanor," he told E! News. "This should be an infraction. No probation." That means the trial is on for Oct. 15. (source)

I know I've got my calendar marked for that trial. How stupid! Are we seriously wasting all of our tax dollars to send a pop singer to court for an invalid license? Aren't there more, I don't know, important things the court could be deliberating on? I seriously don't understand why this particular issue must go to trial. I realize that the lawyer is making it happen this way, but can't someone, a judge, a clerk, another lawyer, someone, make this stupidity go away? Ugh!

That's it for me. I need to go brush this bad taste out of my mouth.

Later!

No comments: