Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Yeah, Paris Hilton Needs to be Banned From Music

So, in celebration of her new reality TV show My New BFF, Paris Hilton has recorded its theme song. Its all over the internet right now. I haven't been able to bring myself to listen to it yet, but it is getting some halfway decent reviews. You can check it out here and here and here, plus a trillion other places as well. I realize that her boyfriend, Benji Madden, is in Good Charlotte and helped her a lot with writing, producing and probably even singing the damn thing, but I still just can't make myself listen to it. There are numerous reasons.

1. I spent the majority of a week trying to get that stars are shining song of hers out of my head a year or so again and am not looking forward to repeating the ear drum puncturing that it required.

2. The basis of her new show is for people to compete to be her best friend. Since when does being Paris Hilton's BFF really help a person in the real world? She's just going to start some battle royale with the winner within three weeks anyway, what's the point? Unless you enjoy being verbally abused and puked on after a long night of clubbing and driving her drunk ass to Taco Bell at 4 am.

3. She's famous for being famous! I can't condone that! I just can't do it.

So, no Paris Hilton theme song for me. But feel free to indulge all you want. I'm sure I'll end up hearing it at some point inadvertantly anyway. Now I'm going to go shower to try and clean of the residue of my principles shattering from actually dedicating a whole blog post to Paris Hilton's music career. Blurg!
Later!

No comments: