Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Color me... Not Surprised

Well big surprise, people, Clay Aiken just came out of the closet. Check it out:

Clay Aiken has revealed that he is gay in an upcoming cover story for People Magazine, on newsstands Friday. The magazine's cover boasts the pullout quote: "Yes, I'm gay." "It was the first decision I made as a father," Aiken says inside the magazine. "I cannot raise a child to lie or to hide things. I wasn't raised that way, and I'm not going to raise a child to do that." The 29-year-old pop star's sexuality came under increased scrutiny when he admitted to fathering a child with fiftysomething Jaymes Foster, sister of famed music producer David Foster. Parker Foster Aiken was born Aug. 8 in North Carolina, with Aiken writing on his blog that all families involved were "thrilled." The born-again crooner acknowledges that revelations regarding his sexuality may be difficult for some in his fan base. But he also stressed that it was necessary for him to own up to what everybody kind of already knew for Parker's sake, so his son can be raised in an atmosphere that is "accepting and allowing him to be happy." (Source: E Online)

Sorry Claymates, but that guy has screamed "I'm gay" from the moment he walked on the American Idol stage. I applaud him for finally being honest with his fans and respect his need for privacy, but really, was it so bad to come out? Well that's all water under the bridge now. Congrats on having the courage to come out, Clay. Now do something about your hair already! You remind me of Chucky from Child's Play. Eww!

Later!

No comments: