Thursday, August 21, 2008

Zuma? Really?

So the rumors were true. Gwen Stefani did indeed give birth today to a baby boy. Who was then given the name of Zuma Nesta Rock Rossdale. Yup, that's right. I said Zuma. Here's the story:

Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale welcomed their second little prince today, E! News has confirmed. Son Zuma Nesta Rock Rossdale was born Thursday at Los Angeles' Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, joining 2-year-old brother Kingston in the musically inclined couple's burgeoning brood. The family's newest addition arrived at 12:46 p.m., weighing 8.5 pounds. "Mother, baby and family are all happy and healthy," a rep for the couple said in a statement. (source)

Now, I was totally ok with Kingston as a name. Kingston sounds rather English and Gavin is rather English, so it works for me. But Zuma? Was she hooked on the game Zuma while pregnant? And the poor kid can't even go by his middle name either. He's got to choose between a brand of iced tea or a mineral composite. Do they hate this child? Or are they just messing with us by giving the press a fake name? I'm hoping for the later. Until I get a good explanation for this name, I'm not giving my approval on it. Because my opinion totally counts in the Stefani-Rossdale family. Really, it does.

No comments: